Thanksgiving By The Numbers
Posted by Richard on November 6, 2018
* 46 million turkeys are eaten during Thanksgiving each year. (source: History.com)
* Americans spent $14.2 billion on Thanksgiving and Black Friday in 2013.
* About 50 million Americans travel 50 miles or more from home during the Thanksgiving holiday weekend. (source: AAA)
* The average American household spends $54.18 on Thanksgiving dinner.
* The U.S. produces an average of 735 million pounds of cranberries annually, 435 million of which come from Wisconsin. (source: United States Department of Agriculture)
* The Wednesday before Thanksgiving is the busiest single day of travel with 37 percent of travelers departing for their trips.
* The average weight of pumpkins is between 6 and 18 pounds.
* The U.S. produces around 5 billion pounds of pumpkins each year.
* The average weight of turkeys purchased for Thanksgiving meals is 16 pounds.