Tech Trends For 2020
Posted by Richard on October 9, 2019
It has been a busy year in the tech world (isn’t it always?), from the latest gadgets to improved wireless speeds and expanded coverage. So what can we expect heading into 2020? Even more.
Here are some trends to keep an eye on:
* 5G. All of the major carriers are promising access to 5G networks in the coming year, though how it plays out remains to be seen. Expect more devices and more access, but continued kinks.
* More Artificial Intelligence. Facial recognition and the ability to understand concepts without human aid. A subset of AI, machine learning, also continues to evolve.
* Blockchain. Cryptocurrency is becoming more and more mainstream, and while the individual components of it are sometimes in question, blockchain, the technology behind it, is widely considered here to stay. As a trusted security technology, its uses extend beyond crypto into areas like medical data and real estate.
* Mobile commerce. From Apple Pay and Google Wallet to Venmo or other ways to pay for goods and services, our phones are becoming our debit and credit cards. Expect more cashless transactions in 2020.
* Analytics. It’s all about data, data, and more data. Prescriptive analytics is the next big thing, meaning there’s a component of offering options for how to make use of that information.